South America is the fourth largest continent. It is home the Amazon rainforest and the Anaconda- one of the world’s largest snakes. Explore more about the countries of South America below.
- Learn more about Argentina from Little Passports.
- Read about the history and culture of Argentina at National Geographic Kids
- Watch this video to learn fantastic fun facts from JrMojo.
- Explore Argentina’s National Museum of Fine Arts.
- Learn more about Brazil from Little Passports.
- Read fantastic facts about Brazil by visiting National Geographic Kids.
- Learn more about the culture of Brazil by visiting its museums.
- Explore the history, arts, and culture of the Afro-Brazilian Experience.
- Learn more about Chile from Little Passports.
- Read fun facts about Chile by visiting National Geographic Kids.
- Watch this video to learn about Chile’s geography from JrMojo.
- Listen to beautiful music from Chile.
- Learn more about Colombia by visiting National Geographic Kids.
- Watch a short video from JrMojo to learn Fantastic Facts about Colombia.
- Listen to Colombian music presented by Putumayo.
- Explore the beautiful art of Fernando Botero.
- Visit Kids Encycolpedia Facts for an overview of Guyana.
- Learn fast facts about Guyana by visiting Ducksters.
- Guyana is member of the Commonwealth of Nations. Learn more here.
- Learn how to make Pepperpot– the national dish of Guyana.
- Learn more about Peru from Little Passports.
- For an overview of Peru, visit National Geographic Kids
- Read more about ceviche– a delicious Peruvian dish.
- Explore the Amano Pre-Columbian Textile Museum in Miraflores, Peru.
- Visit Kids Encycolpedia Facts for an overview of Uruguay.
- Learn fantastic facts about Uruguay by visiting National Geographic Kids.
- Read about Uruguay’s Capybara– the largest rodent in the world!
- Explore Uruguay’s art and culture by visiting the MAPI museum.