Arbor Montessori School, a non-profit Association Montessori International (AMI)-recognized school, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head of School. Arbor is celebrating over 50 years of service to children, students, and families in the greater Atlanta area. The school’s two campuses serve students from 18 months through 14 years of age.
The Mission of Arbor Montessori School is to develop the unique capabilities of each child through supportive relationships, joyful learning, and meaningful work in a Montessori environment. We seek to foster independence in each child, preparing them to contribute with integrity to the community of the larger world.
The Head of School embodies and articulates Arbor’s mission for all aspects of the school. The Head of School is the sole employee of the Board of Trustees and is responsible for the overall management of the school, in accordance with the Board’s policies. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting student experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- Fostering parent involvement, community engagement, and family retention
- Engaging with the Board of Trustees and Board Committees
- Overseeing AMI curriculum and instruction
- Recruiting, developing, and leading faculty & staff
- Supervising financial management and facilities operations
- Developing and supporting enrollment and marketing strategies
- Spearheading capital development and long-range planning
- Fostering diversity, equity, and inclusivity
Interested applicants should send the following information:
- Candidate’s resume
- At least three collegial or supervisory references
- A statement of educational philosophy
- Any other materials supporting the candidate’s application
All materials should be sent to the Search Committee through the School’s Business Manager, Pam Worsham, at email@example.com.
All materials, inquiries, and applications will be kept in strict confidence.
The Head of School is a full-time, salaried, twelve-month position in Decatur, GA. Salary is competitive, based on an established salary scale and is commensurate with the candidate’s experience. Benefits include medical insurance (dental and vision), paid school-year holidays, paid personal and vacation time, a 403b retirement plan, and a professional development allowance. A start date of June 1st, 2022, is preferred, but the school is open to alternate arrangements. Ideal candidates will possess:
- AMI teacher certification with 5+ years teaching experience in an AMI-accredited primary and/or elementary classroom.
- 5+ years leadership experience in an AMI school.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A collaborative leadership style that welcomes working closely with the Board of Trustees, AMI teaching team, level coordinators, staff, and parents.
- Experience in school budgeting and fundraising.
- Knowledge of the AMI recognition and SAIS/SACS accreditation processes.
Learn More About Arbor Montessori School
Learn more about our Programs
Arbor serves children from 18 months to 15 years old through our Toddler, Primary, Elementary, and Adolescent Programs. Read more about how the Montessori curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of each developmental level.
Get to know our Teaching Staff
Arbor teachers, assistants, administrators and staff have served the Atlanta Montessori community for over 50 years. With an average tenure of 10 years, this group of educators is committed to fostering life long learning in each and every Arbor student.
Ensuring Arbor’s legacy
Since its founding in 1970, Arbor has maintained a strong tradition of parent involvement and financial giving. It is through this tradition of generosity that we ensure a legacy of high quality education and personal development for our children.
Review our COVID-19 Policies
Arbor continues to provide a hands-on learning experience to Children in the midst of a global pandemic. Read more about our COVID-19 safety protocols that include mandatory masks, health screenings, physical distancing, and enhanced cleaning