Key COVID-19 Information
- CDC: Guidelines for Holiday Celebrations and Gatherings: As families consider celebrations during the winter months, the CDC has established guidelines to help keep these gatherings safe for all.
- Arbor’s Return to School Screening Chart: These additional guidelines to help you parents decide when your child should (or should not) come to school as we all navigate symptoms of and exposure to COVID-19.
- Arbor’s COVID-19 Decision Tree: The COVID-19 Decision Tree offers insight into how public health information will be interpreted and inform our plan for learning throughout the school year.
- The Georgia Department of Public Health: Testing is available to all Georgians who request it, whether they have symptoms or not. Visit the GDPH website to find a testing location near you.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): Learn more about COVID testing and how to protect yourself and others during the pandemic.
Talking with Your Children about the Pandemic
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 world of wearing masks, physical distancing, and hybrid learning, here are some resources for guiding your children through these unprecedented times.
- NPR: Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus
- Child Mind: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- New York Times: How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
- USA Today: How Do You Talk to Your Children About Coronavirus?
- American Psychological Association: Talking to Kids About Difficult News
- Common Sense Media: Explaining the News to Our Kids