The mission of Arbor Montessori School is to develop the unique capabilities of each child through supportive relationships, joyful learning, and meaningful work in a Montessori environment. We seek to foster independence in each child, preparing him or her to contribute with integrity to the community of the larger world.
At Arbor Montessori School we prepare children to go anywhere.
Anywhere their interests, dreams, and passions take them.
- We teach them math, science, and language so they can thrive anywhere academically.
- We encourage independence, self-direction and critical reasoning so they have the tools to make good decisions anywhere their life takes them.
- We teach collaboration, cooperation, and peace because we know our children can be agents of change anywhere they go in the world.
Since 1970, Arbor Montessori has been the flagship of Montessori education in Atlanta. We are one of the largest Montessori schools in the Southeast and regarded as a benchmark for Montessori education worldwide.
Accreditations and Memberships
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI): Arbor has been an AMI-USA recognized school since 1971. The AMI organization was founded in 1929 by Maria Montessori to ensure the integrity of her pedagogical legacy. Because the word or name “Montessori” is not a trademark or franchise, any institution can call itself a Montessori school with impunity. Therefore, AMI provides schools that wish to offer an authentic Montessori program a set of internationally recognized standards of quality. Parents are assured that schools that are AMI-accredited follow Montessori’s principles and practices in their original integrity and completeness.
Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS): SAIS accreditation means that a school has complied with quality standards and was evaluated by an outside group of peer professionals, has implemented a school plan focused on strategic improvement and student performance, and is continually working to fulfill the school’s mission. Arbor has been accredited by SAIS since 2011.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI): Arbor’s accreditation through SACS-CASI, a division of Cognia Global Commission, is further evidence that Arbor is an active member of a larger independent school community. This allows us to have the opportunity to learn, brainstorm, and share best practices with the top schools in the Southeast.
Arbor also holds memberships with the following organizations:
- AAAIS: Atlanta Area Association of Independent Schools
- MAG: Montessori Administrators of Georgia
- MISBO: Mid-South Independent School Business Officers
- EAA: Elementary Alumni Association